Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

books...

I love buying books...I'm not a BIG book reader though. I love browsing the book stores, flipping the pages...

I end up buying TONS of books...
In hopes of becoming a book reader.

When my world flipped upside down and I became a single mom I bought...
You guessed it:

Single Mom Books...

I'm actually reading one of them. 


In the first few pages I've already learned so much...

One paragraph that stands out is:

"From this moment on, if you have ever felt like a victim, tell yourself that you will no longer be a victim in your eyes or in anyone else's. If you've been viewed as villainous because you've made choices that didn't agree with others' expectations, let it go. As a woman and a mother, you are powerful."

Whew...that right there moved mountains with me...
Sadly, this situation is what has made me stronger and has helped me really find myself and learn what I'm capable of. I haven't written my husband off like some think I should have, I don't hate him. 
But it's my life and it's my way.
I don't believe there is a wrong or right in any of it. 


2 comments:

kdehart5151 said...

I absolutely love to read, I just wish I was more time to!
kdehart5151@yahoo.com

Kristin said...

Stepping out on the path as a single mom takes a courage and strength no "victim" could ever have. I'm not a single mom but my mother was and everyday I ask myself "How on earth did she do it?". And I agree that writing your husband off is not the best thing. My mom stayed neutral when talking about my dad (even though he did some downright heinous things to her) and that allowed me to make my own decisions about him as I grew up. I never felt pressured or stuck between the two of them and eventually came to understand and forgive my dad. That is the gift you're giving your daughter, along with the knowledge that she's capable of amazing things!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme