Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

organized closet....yes please...




Thanks to Tervis for sponsoring my writing. Visit their website http://www.tervis.com to learn more about the world’s first smart cup.




Life as a single, full time working mom is hectic...
Life in general is hectic....

The last thing I have time for in the morning is to scramble in my closet trying to find something to wear. 

I enjoy clothes.

I appreciate them. 

I think it's fun to put an outfit together, get dressed and be cute. 

It's a girl thing. 

But as a mom, some days I let that slip. I rush around in the morning, grab whatever has the least wrinkles and spend more time getting the baby ready than myself. 

I've decided to revamp my closet.

Get organized. 

My closet works as much more than just a home for my clothes. I use it for storage, crafts, finished products/orders, linen closet...you name it.

But it looked like this...

 Drawers can hardly close, articles of clothing piled on op of each other....
 It's pretty much a mess from the floor up...
Nothing worked in a non-hectic way...
Talk about anxiety.

So, I went ahead and took everything out of my closet in hopes of making it more functional for my lifestyle.

I wanted to be more color coordinated, more of a working closet...

Now...I have hats and my basket of scarves together.
The wire shelf now holds towels and purses.
Belts hang together.
The open baskets hold my socks, undergarments and swim suites.
The drawers hold skirts and workout/pajama pants...
The hanging shelf is much more organized than it looks...
The top cubby is casual shirts, next are tank tops, then long sleeved shirts, workout/pajama tops, then shorts.
These shoes are mostly only boots and tennies...
Jeans and pants now hang nicely instead of being stuffed on a shelf...
The top shelf now has a ton of open space...
Now I have all of my dresses in order from lightest to darkest colors...
Next to the dresses I have long sleeved sweaters and tops...
Below is now finished products/orders and things that are currently getting worked on...

Now, I'm taking advantage of being organized and picking out outfits ahead of time for the week, ironing them and hanging them here...So all I'll have to do is grab and GO!!!

Ahhhh....I feel better.
I can tell I'll save a lot more time in the morning...let's hope this busy momma can keep this routine up!

Who doeasn't appreciate a working closet!

I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. To learn more about Tervis, visit their website http://www.tervis.com.

1 comment:

Alyssa - Live. Love. Craft. said...

oh my gosh i love it! nice job! And I'd pay so much to have all of your dresses! Dresses are my fave and i only have like... 3. I need some more. Off to go buy some.. :)

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme