Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

series of blog posts-1001 things it means to be a mom...

I recently picked up this book- "1001 Things It Means To Be A Mom. I thought it was kind of empowering...because you know...us moms, we work HARD. Sometimes we forget to take a second to remember how special us mommas are...how lucky we are...and what it means to be a mom.

I thought it would be fun for me...and you...if I did a series of blog posts based off of the book, share my thoughts and feelings...so link up!!!

Let this book help us not take any of our momma moments for granted....

1. Being a mom means you're the luckiest person in the world.
 Via

Little chick and I, October 31.2010
How could I not feel like the luckiest person in the world?? I mean..look at that...her...that hair...that moment.

My first year was NOTHING like I imagined.

I became the luckiest when my pregnancy test was positive...

Even luckier when I gave birth to this sweets...shortly after, my life was flipped upside down...I suffered with TONS of ups and downs...but even through all of it...I had her. I was lucky to have her...in a way...she saved me from a lot.

Yes, I was a mess, and I cried, I was angry, sad, hurt....you name it I felt it.

But, I could only feel those things for moments at a time...

I was the lucky one chosen to take care of this girl...

I was the lucky one to wake up in the middle of the night with her, the lucky one to spend every minute with her...

I AM....

The luckiest person in the world...because of her....

2 comments:

Anne Maskell said...

I know exactly what you mean. Children are a blessing, and being a Mom is the hardest job in the world. I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Love your little one's hair! One of my boys had hair just the same, except it was bright red!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for awhile now and I am so happy to read that you are on the up curve of this crazy thing we call life! You have amazing words to say and your little girl is an angel keeping you above water. Keep looking at the positive things about life!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme