Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

road trip...

I have always dreamed of going on a road trip...
Ideally, it would be in one of those RV's that say "Cruise America" all over them...Nothing says tourist better than that, right?
I'd love to hop across state lines, posing under state signs, a RV filled with my baby and good family and friends...
Memories being made.
ONE DAY.
A vacation for me, is a foreign language...
I don't think I've been on a vacation since I was about 5 months pregnant and we flew to San Diego. 
That's OVER 2 years people.
Right now...financially and with my situation of single momma hood and a slightly confusing/complicated divorce...it's just not in the cards. 
But weekend trips and day trips are definitely in the cards...Low budget, exploring, fun...can't ask for too much more than that right?

My lovely sister lives up past Sacramento and about two or so hours from her is the oh so lovely Tahoe.
I LOVE Tahoe. 
Before baby, and before divorce, the husband and I were in Tahoe a lot during the winter to snowboard. 
YES....
I snowboard. 
It's been a while and I'm FAR from good...but it's fun and I love it. I can't wait for winter to hit the slopes and have my little sweets in some skiing classes!

Anyways...
Road trip.

We loaded up the car on Saturday and cruised to Tahoe. We had no set plan. We just wanted to go.

So we did...


I flipped the Bug's car seat around for our big adventure...
Weird...she doesn't look as thrilled as my sister and I do....

Hallelujah...
Nothing says road trip better than and empty road, sun shinning, tunes on the radio and look at those trees...
Can you smell the fresh air???

We ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then hit Agate Bay...
The weather was AMAZING. The water was COLD, but oh so BLUE!
But we just sat.
We didn't bring towels to sit on, toys to play with...

We just sat and took it all in...

If there is one thing my sister and I can do when we're together...
It's take pics.
People I'm sure think we're a bit strange.
But hey...
It's memories.

No matter if it's a road trip for a few hours or a week long road trip...
I want my girl to experience things.
Go on adventures and make memories.
I've said it before, she won't have all of the latest and greatest, and she may or may not go on lavish vacations...
But she will go places and she will experience life to the fullest.

And I want to experience everything this life has to offer....

Stay beautiful...

More pics from our road trip soon...from a real camera too.

xo

Dani

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE this post. Sister time is good for the soul :) I wanna road trip with you... sans babies though hehe

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme