Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

pumpkins and halloween...a recap...

Halloween is officailly over by eight days...but we, living the slow but crazy life we live are still on a Halloween buzz...We're still talking about Halloween, about being a Bumble Bee, about pumpkin lights and I am still eating candy, she doesn't like candy nor does she remember that it even exisits after that night...
 
The Tuesday before Halloween we went to my parents house to carve pumpkins...We had a ton of pumpkins to carve because of the MANY trips to the pumpkin patches! My parents cleaned all of them out so we could move quickly in the carving process...although I brought an extra one so my sweets could get the full affect of pumpkin carving...



She's not a girl who likes being dirty...so she very carefully scooped the insides out. If anything touched her she had a slight freak out..."it's dirty momma, clean my hands."


I wanted her to get all in there with her hands and get pumpkin goop everywhere...but no, not my child who tells me, "I'm pretty momma, you cute." And prefers dresses over pants, cute sandles over tennies...she's full on girl...and I'm high on life over it. Excpet with the tiny two year old girl attitude. Watch out teenage years...


She drew what were supposed to be faces on the pumpkins and "helped" carve them out...


We offically had pumpkin masterpieces! The "M" is for me...MOM...well I told her it was for Makena...but I secretly knew all along it was for this momma right here!


Moving right along to Halloween night...I knew her Nonie and Opa would want to see her along with her dad and other grandparents who don't live far from each other so we decided to do our trick-or-treating in their hood...

 
She seriously made the cutest Bee around!



I did tell her...two or not...if you want candy you gotta do the walking for it. Yes she's two..but you want something you gotta go for it right??


We only walked my parents street and she did awesome!! She wasn't scared and she got sooooo much attention the momma bee just couldn't handle it...I love these moments.



Ahhhh. Tiny boots on tiny feet. Tiny hands with a big pumpkin buckets...which by the end of the street she would say, "my bucket heave momma..." I'd ask if she'd like me to hold and it she insisted she carried it on her own...indepednet two year old status up in here....just like her momma. But I'm 28 not two.


Hope you all had a wonderful October and a spooky Halloween!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

cutest bumble bee ever! and i love her boots!
Virginia

Sarah said...

Cutest bumble bee ever!! And you go momma - you look so cute - love your hair!!

Unknown said...

Cute! My youngest was a bee this year as well :-)

Jen said...

how cute! her costume is adorable! looks like a fun night... new follower of your blog :)

Empowered Momma J said...

Halloween's little pumpkins carver did a beautiful job. Adorable bumble bee costume, she's precious.
Thank you for sharing and for linking up to the Empowered Living hop, hope to see you again.

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme