Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

one year ago...

I was beaming with the "pregnancy glow"


A year ago I was happily awaiting the arrival of my sweet little gift....a baby girl. I was waiting and in love. Not only in love with my baby, but my husband. We were planning our future...


After five years of marriage, a miscarriage, a home foreclosure...nothing was standing in the way of our future but a few days....


Looking back at these photos...I sometimes wish I could go back to this day, these moments. Feeling love, excitement, looking forward to what was coming next. Not knowing shortly after her arrival my world would slowly crumble. 


I planned and dreamed of a loving family...weekend adventures and snuggling in bed. Hectic mornings and the day ending eating dinner as a family, sharing stories. I dreamed of planning vacations, talking walks to the park, family photo shoots, Christmas traditions, family get togethers, sharing proud moments, and future babies...


Standing here...holding my sweet baby....dreaming of life and love....not knowing what would come next. I wish I would have appreciated being pregnant more. I wish I would have complained less, even though I had the easiest pregnancy on the planet. I would have taken more photos and written in a journal. I would have taken it one day at a time...

I still would have dreamed big...I still am dreaming big. In my belly my little girl deserved big dreams...and now, a year later...she deserves even bigger dreams. She deserves the adventures and the snuggles. She will get the hectic mornings and the dinner and stories...She'll get it all. 

The plans maybe a bit different...but only time will tell what our future holds.

xo,

11 comments:

Sienna said...

you are ADORABLE pregnant. congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry things didn't go as planned :( That is so rough. I am going through something like this, not as difficult though. Hang in there, things will get better with time! You seem like an amazing mom, there needs to be more of you! I read your single mom post, made me teary eyed... You are SO brave! Whether you know it or not, you are an amazing woman. Never forget it! I am a new follower here from Bee friendly Friday- SO happy I found you! I am looking forward to seeing how you and your little one are doing :)

Hugs- Marci

Mom Daughter Style said...

you look so pretty being pregnant, thank you for sharing your story, it's sad but inspiring at the same time. I hope you hang in there.

http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

new follower from the blog hop

Marilyn said...

Super Cute.. Love your shots.. I'm officially following you from Chubby Cheeks Hop Today. :)) Cute and lovely blog.. Cant wait to read more.. Hope you can visit me sometime.. I'm Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ & i'm officially also following you on pinterest :))

Anonymous said...

I totaqlly get it! I hated being pregnant - all three times - but those months of hell sure were worth what I have now :) Happy Friday Following :-) Hope you can stop by my place and return the favor soon. http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

It's hard when things don't go as planned, but hopefully it's all for a good reason. :) I'm a new follower. Hope you can stop by!

Michelle (michabella) said...

These are cute pictures. The best is yet to come sweet friend <3

Marlee said...

You are truly a gorgeous pregnant woman. You seem strong and resilient too, I'm sure everything will work out for the best!

Unknown said...

good luck with the "new" life you have and enjoy every second of that cutie. It goes by so fast!
Following you from Freaky Friday. Hope you will check us out at www.twinswithtots.blogspot.com
Cathy and Becca

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Beautiful belly! I loved being pregnant....and can't wait to do it again!

Unknown said...

This is my first time visiting your blog so I don't know what happened to make your world crumble but things usually happen for a reason even when we can't see what that reason is.

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme