Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

pottery painting...

My sweet girl was away for the weekend and while it's becoming more "normal" and "easier" I get to sitting and thinking of all the things I can cram into my next weekend I have her. It's hard to think you only have every other weekend with your child...(I do have the week too, but work and early bed time gets the best of us.)

Last week we did take an evening trip to a pottery painting shop to paint Christmas gifts for some of the family. Oh my goodness, this automatically went down in the yearly tradition book!


                        

They have a few of these pottery places locally but we ventured out to the little town we used to live in right when my sweets was born. It's across the delta from where I live now and the town is just tiny and sweet.



She's definitely getting to the age of doing projects, but we're still boarder line on the attention span. We picked out a few things to paint and in the middle of one she'd decide she was ready for the next. So momma had to step in and assist just a bit...which is fine. But as her tiny little self was painting and she was chatting about who each gift was for she kept asking if we could do it again...I loved hearing that! Makes my momma heart melt, she knew it was something special.





What better gifts than homemade? I even had her paint me something and a little something for our tree!



So, while time sharing and a silent home is no fun for me, it just makes our time together that much more special when she returns. Next weekend my sister is coming into town and we have a jam packed agenda full of Christmas festivities and I am one excited momma! Sometimes alone time gets my mind racing...this time it had me on a full on happy high of holiday excitement.



I thought of all the holiday fun I'll be sharing and the traditions we'll be making over the years and my heart is full. At two she's still small and a "baby" next year...not that I want it to come fast, but it'll be our Chirstmas year. I'm planning all sorts of Christmas goodness. But first...lets celebrate this year and all that it has to offer!


5 comments:

The Millers said...

I love going to places like this, so much fun! This is such a great idea for christmas gifts too!

Mandy said...

Hi there! New follower, can't wait to check this page out! :)

Mandy
mrandmrshanson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This looks like tons of fun! Wish we had something like that around here.

I am a new follower from the GFC Collective! Glad to have found you! I hope you will hop over and follow back!
Merry Christmas,
Julie @ Hey Mommy, Chocolate Milk

www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

Hanna said...

Hi there!!! I am Hanna and I found you through the blog hop!! I love making new friends and your blog is lovely. I am your newest follower:) Happy Holidays! You can find me over at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
xooxxo Hanna

Lindsay said...

LOVE that you took her there. Shes so serious while painting...future artist? LOL XO

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme