Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

here's to never growing up...

 You know that new Avril Lavigne song.... "Here's to never growing up" (yes...I really do reference songs so moments in my life...)

It's so what I'm feeling currently. And so what I'm feeling for my little Miss...for both of us.


Of course we all want to grow and learn and experience....but sometimes you wish you could just freeze time. I'm there. If I could stop time, not "grow up" I would...stop everything right where it is in this current moment. I can't believe I've been a momma for 2.5 years. I can't believe this little girl is quickly turning into a big girl and I can't believe I've overcome so much in what feels like a short amount of time. I'm not one to dig through my old blog posts, for me once I put it out there it's sometimes too raw and emotional to go digging through the past...but I know I've talked a lot about finding myself, after all, this blog is called Me and My "new" Life. I've talked about becoming independent and suddenly maturing from the 16 year old girl I've left behind. I still get caught up in being naive at times, being bullied and taken advantage of. I still put others before myself even when I know it's not in the best interest of me or who I'm trying to become. I'm constantly overcoming what was and becoming who I want to be. It's been a struggle...to say the least.



Growing up, finding your independence, maturing...it's tough. Then raising a child and trying your best to mold them into the person they're supposed to become is even tougher... which is why, for the moment I'd like to take a break from growing up...her and I. I like the place we're at, I like the pace, I like who we are at the moment...


So....Here's to never growing up...

Or at least here's to growing together, living in the current moment, taking it in and appreciating.....

No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme