Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

the hurried life...

The other day I was sent this article, "The day I stopped saying hurry up" It struck me hard... 


Like this woman, I was blessed with a laid back, in the moment child. One more kiss and I love you before I drop her off somewhere or before we need to leave someones house, one more story to be read before bed, one more toy, one more flower, one more one more one more... 



I catch myself using the words---"Hurry up" a lot. I catch the tone of my voice as well---ANNOYED. My sweet girl is a constant reminder in my life to slow down. Pick that extra flower, check the creek for ducks, wait for another train to pass by or a bird to fly past. We only have these moments for so long. All we have is time with our kids before they're grown. 

Everyone is rushed. Everyone is in a hurry. The world is a rushed place...my almost 3 year old doesn't need to know that so early on. She definitely doesn't need to know it from her momma who she's constantly looking up to for guidance and reassurance. 


With her third birthday quickly approaching it's another year that's passed... one more year where I've frozen certain moments in time, wishing we could stay at that point forever. Those alone make me realize she'll only be small for a short amount of time, that should make me slow down and not be so rushed.


Rushing our time I'm missing out on kisses, on I love yous, on teaching her, seeing smiles and expressions. She's what makes my day, so why wouldn't I make hers and be more in the moment and less distracted or rushed...



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

girl these pics are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme