Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

thanksgiving--2013...

Thanksgiving came and went and was very low key for us...which I like. We participated in our first Turkey Trot which was beyond crowded. I had no idea so many people would want to get their run on  so early on Thanksgiving....Crazy talk and we were among the crazies. 

Running a 5k with the little chick has become our thing...especially on holidays. We don't have a huge family that we celebrate with so I try to make our own traditions and memories and create a memorable day with each other...

I think we're doing a good job.



I get a lot of my thinking done when I workout...it's usually my me time.

But on the day to be thankful...I am and always will be thankful for my gal and sharing moments like these. I thought a lot about what kind of momma I want to be going forward, what I want her to experience and understand. How I want time to slow down even though age three is absolutely aging me by the second....but oh how she's learning and growing.



I'm thankful for my past, my struggles. I'm thankful for the future. Thankful for never settling for anything less than I deserve. I'm thankful for happiness, strength, love....life.

Beyond thankful to be a mother, a single mother at that. It's not easy---for anyone. But the bond I have with my girly is so much more than I could have ever imagined.



Thankful for what's next...thankful for our journey.




No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme