Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

explore your city...

Yesterday afternoon I picked up my friendy poo for lunch and we decided to explore our little town.

First we started out at one of my favorite Mexican restrarunts and had one of these lovelies...


The thing about the city I live in...I've actually worked here for YEARS.
I moved here basically because it was the only two bedroom apartment I could afford. 
I haven't been too thrilled with living here.
But with this new life comes new things and one of them is appreciating what I've got and what's around me.

We finished up lunch and srolled around downtown...
Which is FULL of antique stores.

This girl has been my go to gal since day one of my life falling apart.
And now that I'm slowly coming out of my funk, constant complaining and heartache...
Our friendship is growing into something much more.
She's been there for me at my lowest low and now she's there supporting me through the happier times.

And I love her for everything.

Her words. Her kindness. Her ears!




I've walked past these shops many times daily since I work in downtown...
I've never taken time to browse.
So I did...



And let me tell you...
There is the most random crap you could ever imagine! 


Expensive too!


Really though...
What makes something an "antique" and not junk at a thrift store??


Some of the furniture I wanted to scoop up and runaway with...
Then I saw the price tag...
Seriously people...
Do you really sell THIS for THAT???




All this fun costume jewelry...
Load me up and find me a fancy party dress and take me out!


The end of the day came and I felt at peace with living in my little town. 
It has potential for Makena and I.
There are so many things for us to explore...


Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sometimes I wonder what the difference between an antique store and a junk store is too :) There always seems to be so much stuff I get overwhelmed! I love those phones... they would be fun to decorate with!

brooke hammel said...

WOW!! I would be in total heaven in that store!! How fun!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme