Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

wearing your heart on your sleeve



Naturally, I'm a lover. 
I love everything about love, happiness, laughter, life.
I'm a forgiver by nature. 
I tend to see past people's flaws, their faults...
My world is all skittles and rainbows. 




I'm the girl who believes in happily ever after. Seeing past the bad, striving for better. I tend to make excuses for others or their behavior. I tend to put people on pedestals, their needs before mine. I cling to the what-ifs or what could be. I don't expect a lot from others and I'd much rather give than receive. 

I'll build you up, motivate, support, push you to be the best you can, stand back, smile and let you shine. I want others to succeed, reach their full potential...and if you fall, I'm the girl standing there with a smirk on my face and a shrug of the shoulders, "it's all ok...you'll do it even better next time."



The people like me, the positive ones, the believers of rainbows and skittles...we tend to get taken advantage of. We wear our hearts on our sleeves, put ourselves out there only to slowly start seeing we're getting nothing in return. I told you I'm searching to find myself and in this search I'm starting to realize that not everyone is like me, not everyone wants the best for you like you do for them. I'm hearing my voice from within, telling me to speak up, express myself. Share my thoughts and whats weighing on my heart. But with speaking my mind and sharing my soul, comes the fear of rejection. In the end what's worse, rejection or knowing you spoke truth...

I'm seeing what I deserve a little more clearer these days. I finding bits all around that will eventually fill my happiness tank up to the fullest one day. Those people who don't see what people like me have to offer or what we're about...those are the people who will eventually miss out.


I'm proud to of who I am and to be a believer. I'm happy to wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm hearing my voice and learning to use it. In return it'll only make me a stronger more confident woman...


Wear your heart on your sleeve, be strong and brave. Shine. Stand up for yourself and know your worth. Because in the end...it's only you who matters.


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE these pics Dani! Did you take them with the tripod? You've got this DOWN :) XOXO

Annette said...

Love this post, but ESPECIALLY love this line: "I'm finding bits all around that will eventually fill my happiness tank up to the fullest one day."

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme