Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

birthdays and your people...

My loves...I'm here..I promise. I'm excited about life lately and it's been busy. Last week was my sister's birthday!!! I was soooo excited that Kenny and I were up here with sister to celebrate!





Birthdays are a crazy thing as you get older...

When you're a little one, birthdays are on count down...you celebrate your birthday "week" whatever that means. You count down the days till your older. You plan parties down to every detail...you invite friends and friends of friends...



Birthdays as you "age" are just another day. You don't count down the days till you're one year older, you don't celebrate your "birthday week..." Which I may do next year when THIRTY rolls around. But you do celebrate. You celebrate the day and the actual meaning. You're one day older, one day stronger, one day farther. You celebrate your day with the ones who know exactly what this day means. If that's family, friends, your kids...you know these are the ones who love you for you...




My sister has an amazing group of friends who celebrated her life. Her day. These are the people you choose to be in your life. These are the ones who celebrate you on your day and every other day. It's a crazy thing the people who surround you. Who you surround yourself with.



I've learned to choose wisely who I surround myself with over the last few years. I've learned how trust can fail and hearts can break. I know that family isn't only the people you're related to...but it's the people you love.



I know my people....are these people in my photos. I know my people are few and far between but oh, my...my people. I know you...you are my people. My people are the ones who know me. Who love me in the good, the bad and the better. Who celebrate me and my life.



No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme