Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

guest post: Lee La La...

You all know how much I LOVE my bestest Linds over at Lee La La I read this post of hers and it totally stuck home for me and asked her to share with my sweet readers...enjoy!

{I wrote this as a guest post over here, and am so excited to share it on one of my favorite gal's space today...}
What does it mean to be a single mom?
Being a single mom means being a one women show every.single.day.
It means setting the dinner table for two...just the two of us.
It means holidays are split. Time is shared.
It means creating new memories and traditions.
It means being open to change, new people, new experiences.
It means doing your best even when you feel like throwing in the towel.
It means cutting yourself some slack and only choosing greatness going forward.
It means disciplining even though it's your weak spot.
It means paying special attention to the needs of your child and not let anything slip through the cracks.
It means forgiveness.
It means having a solid support system... your family becomes your rock.
It means making life decisions on your own that support the best interest of your child.
It means standing on your own two feet and owning it.
I believe parenting was meant for two parents. A team of sorts that equally nurtures the needs of their child to the best of their ability. Single parenting? Definitely not what I had planned for my life.
A common theme here, is painting my role as a single mom in the most positive light possible. It's me showing the world that this stereotype doesn't have to be negative. It's me being able to create a life for myself so I can be a stay at home single mom to my daughter while balancing two home based businesses. It's allowing myself to have a life outside of being a mom and rediscovering what makes me tick. It's pushing myself out of my comfort zone and realizing that Landyn and I have beautiful things that await us. It's embracing being alone and working on myself from the inside out only to have a special someone step into your life when you least expect it.
While I'm certain this season of my life is only temporary, it's been growth and I wouldn't change a minute of it. I would be lying if I told you it's been easy, but it's being able to turn it around for good that has made it work for me. I understand that everyones situation is different and to that I am sensitive. I am simply sharing my views and how things have played out for me.

Photos c/o Love Letter Photography

LeeLaLa is on:

No comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme