Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

we run...

Correction...

I run...she sits and I push her.

For 3.20 miles...yes...a 5k...


It's kind of our thing... 

I load up my girl with whatever might occupy her for 35-40 minutes...snacks, dolls, crayons...whatever it takes to make the time pass for her so I can keep a steady pace. Of course, just as we get going she says, "I wanna run momma..." uhhh short stuff now isn't your time...but soon sweet girl this can be our thing.


I'm not the best runner...at all. But I enjoy it. I'd like to do more runs, improve and move on to longer distances...one day a marathon....I suppose I'll have to leave chicky home for that one? Maybe she can be my little cheerleader at the finish line though?


I feel accomplished finishing...no matter what my time ends up being... which in this case was about 38 minutes and as I crossed the finish line they may have said I was the first momma to come thru pushing a stroller, high five Dani, high five.

It's important to me to do these things, stay fit and healthy and show Makena...


The cutest... at the end of the race they did a kids fun run... momma might have had her in the wrong shoes and she might have finished "last" but she was a winner and so proud.


I mean...look at that face!

To die for!

This run was the Shell/ Martinez Education run to benefit local schools...

Miss thing and I are proud to say we finished 173 out of almost 400 5k participants! I mean...I think that's pretty awesome considering, ehem...all the extra weight!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I run with my daughter in the stroller too! I try to do 4 miles every other day. I have the Jeep Overland jogger but it has the fixed wheel and I hate it!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme