Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

on friendship...

I have a hard time with friendships. To be honest it's not the friendships that scare me it's the letting people in that freaks me out. I'm not the girl with a million friends, I'm the girl with a few really GREAT friends. I've always been more of a loner than a friend girl...or I was consumed with being married and that being my world that I felt I didn't need friends...boy that was a mistake. The friends I keep close to my heart are ones that have gone through it with me, the ones I don't have to talk to everyday or every week...even monthly for that matter. But when we do talk it's like no time has passed. I've blogged about friendships  or the loss of one....which thankfully we made up and I truly consider her a great friend. Or the friendship with Lindsay which was thankfully formed through our blogs...

But this friendship is much different. It was an instant friendship that started our freshman year of high school...in english. She likes to say I was the cheerleader and she was the nerd. Whichever it was 14 years later she's still my best friend. Funny thing...she's far from a nerd and I'm far from a cheerleader...things have a way of working out Elizabeth...



She's the friend that you know no matter what she'll be there for you in an instant. She's the one you want to tell your deepest secrets or your embarrassing moments just so she'll make fun of you. When we get together... one minute we can be bursting out in laughter the next crying like an emotional mess...but it's that kind of friendship that only the two of us can understand.



All these years later we're changing our ways and putting more into our friendship. We have babies the same age who love each other and we want to grow up together... I'm Auntie Dani and she's Auntie Liz...



 I love you Liz you're an amazing friend and I'm sooooo thankful you're my bestest!

1 comment:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme